Saturday, June 8, 2013

Why I do Nation Building stuff?

Many of my friends are wondering why I am too committed to do stuff for free. Or maybe they are just thinking that I am not serious about my career or even my life in the future.

My answer will always and forever will be different from what they thought it was. I do these things because to me, it is my civic and social duty to help other people in many ways possible. I started my involvement in "Nation Building" even before my selection as one of the delegates in the 12th Ayala Young Leaders Congress in 2010, but of course my participation in the said gathering of bright young leaders fueled my passion and commitment to help fellow Filipinos in my capacity as an advocate for community and youth development.

I have been to many organizations, groups and even institutions working toward the development of our communities. Each experience is unique from each other, you get to know more about yourself while volunteering for an activity. Being a Nation Builder is very fulfilling indeed.

One of the turning points of my journey in this endeavor was in 2011, when we are asked together with other fellow Ayala Young Leaders alumni to help an army unit in Bulacan to conduct a program for young people entitled Youth Leadership Summit.  AND THE REST WAS HISTORY.

Fast Forward...

Today, I served as Executive Director to Central Luzon - Leadership and Empowerment Alliance for Development or CL-LEAD. This is the alliance of organizations including the 18th Special Forces Company of the Philippine Army, the Ayala Young Leaders Alumni Association-Central Luzon, the Hagonoy Young Leaders Program and the Society of Young Leaders for Environmental Concerns that run the series of youth and community development initiatives annually. The alliance (as we fondly called our organization) is working together in different environmental, social and educational projects that will help our constituents in the Central Luzon region.

Infusing the principles of Servant Leadership and Love of Country we, in the alliance are very positive that CHANGE is very possible if we could just set aside our differences and work together for a common goal. Nation Building is a shared social responsibility. It is meant to lived and fulfilled rather than to become a long shattered dream for a better Philippines.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment